Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

A road between Beng Mealea and Preah Khan of Kampong Svay?

Posted by cloud on 30/3/2012 at 08:36

I plan to visit Beng Mealea after visiting Preah Khan of Kampong Svay using a motor cycle.

The Cambodia map from Candy Publication connects the two places directly by a thin line indicating there is a direct road between them. If that's true, then I do not need to detour to Highway #6 (passing Kampong Kdei) and can save a lot of travel time. I checked, however, Google Earth and also Google Map but I was not able to locate the road. I checked also other maps, too but so far the Candy map is the only map where I saw the direct road and I am not sure whethere there is actually a direct road or not.

Is there any body who knows whether thre is a direct road between the two places or not?

#1 cloud has been a member since 19/9/2010. Posts: 26
 Send cloud a private message 

Posted by cloud on 3/4/2012 at 02:39

I confirmed the direct road. Its name is National Highway #66 but the road condition is very poor and it seems that the road is passable only by an ox-cart or motorcycle in a dry season. For example, visit http://tommickx.wordpress.com/2008/04/24/road-trip-preah-khan-beng-mealea-koh-ker-17-20-april-2008/

#2 cloud has been a member since 19/9/2010. Posts: 26

Posted by cloud on 3/4/2012 at 20:30

I confirmed the direct road. Its name is National Highway #66(from the map of Ministry of Public Works and Transport) but the road condition is very poor and it seems that the road is passable only by an ox-cart or motorcycle in a dry season(condition at the year 2008). For example, visit http://tommickx.wordpress.com/2008/04/24/road-trip-preah-khan-beng-mealea-koh-ker-17-20-april-2008/

#3 cloud has been a member since 19/9/2010. Posts: 26

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.