Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Siem Reap to Anlong Veng

Posted by vietabroad on 4/4/2012 at 02:04

Posted from within Vietnam.

I'll be in Siem Reap for two days and want to see Anlong Veng and the Khmer Rouge sites there. Has anyone done a day trip from Siem Reap to Anlong Veng and is it complicated? Once in Anlong Veng, are guides easy to find? Can I see the Khmer Rouge-related places in one day and head back to Siem Reap, and is a taxi easy to get returning to Siem Reap?

#1 vietabroad has been a member since 3/4/2012. Posts: 4
 Send vietabroad a private message 

Posted by bananas4baba on 4/4/2012 at 11:21

We used public transport to get to and stayed overnight in Anlong Veng when we did this in 2010. Arranged for a couple of moto drivers to take us from Anlong Veng to the various sites beyond and above Anlong Veng (Ta Mok's tomb, the dam, the Khmer Rouges statues, Pol Pot's funeral pyre, Ta Mok's and Pol Pot's last hide-outs, etc..). Back then you would not have been able to get much beyond Pol Pot's funeral pyre by taxi - the track was sandy, bumpy and slow. E-mail me directly and I'll send you some pics.

#2 bananas4baba has been a member since 29/3/2010. Posts: 14

Posted by vietabroad on 4/4/2012 at 11:29

Posted from within Vietnam.

thanks, bananas4baba, not sure how to send you a message.

#3 vietabroad has been a member since 3/4/2012. Posts: 4
 Send vietabroad a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.