Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Cambodia Angkor air

Posted by Blondie1918 on 16/4/2012 at 04:39

Hi, i've been looking into travelling around Cambodia and pretty much figured the bus was the only way to go. Then I found this airline. Does anyone have any experience booking and flying with them? Only have a week so if I can use the odd flight to get around I might be able to add in an extra place to visit.

#1 Blondie1918 has been a member since 16/4/2012. Posts: 1

Posted by eastwest on 16/4/2012 at 05:32

The only flight worth considering is Siem Reap to Sihanoukville. All the other routes are only a 4 -6 hour bus ride away and you won't gain much time if you take check-in and such into consideration.

#2 eastwest has been a member since 17/12/2009. Posts: 778
 Send eastwest a private message 

Posted by busylizzy on 16/4/2012 at 15:40

Sorry - don't know anything about the airline, but I agree with eastwest - the buses are actually pretty good in Cambodia (if you don't mind the blaring videos), not excessively long and reasonably priced.

#3 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153
 Send busylizzy a private message   Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by busylizzy on 16/4/2012 at 15:40

Sorry - don't know anything about the airline, but I agree with eastwest - the buses are actually pretty good in Cambodia (if you don't mind the blaring videos), not excessively long and reasonably priced.

#4 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153
 Send busylizzy a private message   Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by bryce_beamish on 17/4/2012 at 15:13

Just bought a ticket on them from Siem Reap to Saigon. I had debated waiting until I got to Cambodia to see if they were cheaper there but I had heard this was not the case. I paid $100 per person plus $100 in taxes. I've also heard that this airline is essentially Vietnam Airlines in disguise and the seemingly random (and rounded) dollar amount I paid in tax would seem to verify that.

#5 bryce_beamish has been a member since 29/1/2012. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.