Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Sihanoukville to Ko Kong to Battambang?

Posted by CoraBora on 5/5/2012 at 16:24

Good Day All,

About me: Solo female first time to SEA during rainy season this year. Flying round-trip to Phnom Penh and planning most/all of my travel in Cambodia. Allotted travel time is 3-weeks.

I have questions about routes. Ideally I would like to travel from Phnom Penh to Kep then wind my way up the coast to Sihanoukville; including 2-3 days out on Monkey Island. These are all heavily discussed on the various sites so no questions in regards to that.

I'm curious about the trek to Ko Kong from Sihanoukville. I hear Ko Kong is beautiful and also wrought with political controversy. I'd like to witness this for myself but I am curious if anyone has current travel info for this route? Then, to make things more difficult I would like to trek to Battambang? Travelfish map shows no improved roads. Anyone have up-to-date information for me? Concerns are safety and time for these routes as I only have 3-weeks. I don't want to spend 2-days on a bus (ever.)

Any and all info most appreciated! Everything seems a year+ old and I know improvements and expansions are happening quickly in Cambodia! Also, I know there is much illegal logging so, there must be a viable route, yes?

Thanks in advance!

#1 CoraBora has been a member since 16/4/2012. Posts: 3

Posted by phuphum on 5/5/2012 at 23:05

I and several other contributes responded to your query on,

#2 phuphum has been a member since 22/10/2011. Posts: 49

Posted by Ted_Anderson on 23/5/2012 at 22:14

I think better you contact with local travel agency for more clear information. I would recommend one agency for you, here by his email : and their website is :

#3 Ted_Anderson has been a member since 16/2/2012. Posts: 10

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.