Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Charity work

Posted by Jelle on 16/5/2012 at 09:43

I'm traveling in Cambodia. I wanted to go to Vietnam, but I got robbed, and all my documents are stolen, so I can't leave the country for about 1 month.

I think about doing some charity work anywhere in Cambodia for one or two weeks. I just want to do something good for some people, I don't know. I lost a lot of money from that robbery, and I don't feel like having the Backpackers life in Cambodia for another month.

All tips about organizations or projects are welcome! I don't really know where to start searching!

Kind regards,

#1 Jelle has been a member since 6/5/2012. Posts: 4

Posted by mallee on 27/5/2012 at 23:09

are you going to siem reap? there are some schools and orpanages there that always want volunteers
Personally i think that going to orphanages is a bit unfair, it must be like being in a human zoo if there are random foreigners coming through every day, because it is their home. teaching at a school is better, the children some in for a couple of hours and go home again

there are some contact details here for volunteering at schools

#2 mallee has been a member since 27/5/2012. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.