Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Bespoke Shoes

Posted by jedenfalls on 29/5/2012 at 04:19

Hi Guys,
I'd like to know anybodies experience with having shoes made in Phnom Penh ? How many days would it take to make a pair of men's business shoes? I arrive at Phnom Penh airport during the week at 4:30 in the afternoon. Would i have time to get a store that day?
I've read on the net a great place is Beautiful shoes on 143 street. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

#1 jedenfalls has been a member since 31/5/2010. Posts: 1

Posted by AbigailatPenhandInk on 25/6/2012 at 03:51 TF writer

Hope I'm not too late with this advice!

Beautiful Shoes is open until about 6pm, so it depends how quickly you can get out of the airport. The shop is just around the corner from Toul Sleng museum, so getting a ride to the location shouldn't be a problem, although actually finding the shop might take a bit more effort.

Generally their shoes take about 10 days to make. There are other shoe makers (including one next door) which might be able to make a pair more quickly, as they are not as popular as Beautiful Shoes.

#2 AbigailatPenhandInk has been a member since 9/11/2010. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 179
 Send AbigailatPenhandInk a private message   Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.