Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Siem Reap to Hanoi--time crunch

Posted by patrickb on 13/4/2007 at 16:21

I'll have to go from Siem Reap to Hanoi so I can catch a flight out of Hanoi. I just checked Vietnam Airlines; their flight is $200. Though I'm reluctant to pay that much, I'll probably end up going with it because I have no other option at this point.

Does anyone know if you can get from S. Reap to Hanoi by bus or train in a day or two? (I realize they're very far, just checking).

THANKS!!

#1 patrickb has been a member since 13/4/2007. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 13/4/2007 at 17:28 admin

Hi Patrick,

It will take the best part of two days to get from Siem Reap to Saigon then at least another two days from Saigon to Hanoi.

If the Siem Reap to Hanoi flight is too pricey, may be cheaper to fly from Phnom Penh to Hanoi -- not sure though.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,565
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by vuh on 4/5/2007 at 20:21

Hello Patrick,
I don't know how much times you have to go from Siem Reap to Hanoi.

When I was in Vietnam in August 2005, there was a promotion from Pacific Airlines for 50 USD flying from Saigon to Hanoi but the flight was only schedule around 10 pm. To buy it, you needs to book it 1 week in advance and your ticket is not refundable.
By memory, this promotion was not indicated on pacific airlines website.
I don't know if this promotion is still available now.
I highly recommend to fly because bus travelling requires at least 2 days (cheap= 35 USD for an open ticket) but it will kill your body as these bus are not very comfortable.

From Siem Reap to Saigon, I cannot help.

Hope it was helpful

#3 vuh has been a member since 1/5/2007. Posts: 24

Posted by ernieh on 4/5/2007 at 21:22

Hi patrickb,

The Mekong Express Bus travels direct from Siem Reap to HMC. The bus departs SR at 7:00 and arrives in HMC at 19:00. It makes a 30 minute stop in Phom Penh. The bus ticket costs $22 US and can be booked in SR at:

Mekong Delta Tours
(Next to the Laundry Bar)
No. 287, Phsar Chas (Old Market), Siem Reap
Tel: (855)012 559447
E-mail: mekongtoursspp@yahoo.com
www.mekongvietnam.com

The other option is to fly with Vietnam Airlines. They offer 6 daily flights starting from 13:30. A one way flight costs US $118 plus US $25 departure tax.

Ernie

Ernie

#4 ernieh has been a member since 21/3/2007. Posts: 49

Posted by ernieh on 4/5/2007 at 21:23

Hi patrickb,

The Mekong Express Bus travels direct from Siem Reap to HMC. The bus departs SR at 7:00 and arrives in HMC at 19:00. It makes a 30 minute stop in Phom Penh. The bus ticket costs $22 US and can be booked in SR at:

Mekong Delta Tours
(Next to the Laundry Bar)
No. 287, Phsar Chas (Old Market), Siem Reap
Tel: (855)012 559447
E-mail: mekongtoursspp@yahoo.com
www.mekongvietnam.com

The other option is to fly with Vietnam Airlines. They offer 6 daily flights starting from 13:30. A one way flight costs US $118 plus US $25 departure tax.

Ernie

Ernie

#5 ernieh has been a member since 21/3/2007. Posts: 49

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.