Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Can Tho (or anywhere in Mekong Delta) TO Phnom Penh by speed boat

Posted by Anna2121 on 7/6/2012 at 22:32

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hello!
Has anyone recently done the trip from the Mekong Delta (Can Tho?) to Phnom Penh by speed boat???
Does this trip even exist?
I have read that Cawaco 01 can do it for $45...but seems to depart only on Thursday?? :s
Thank you for your help!!!!!

#1 Anna2121 has been a member since 7/6/2012. Posts: 6

Posted by john49er on 4/7/2012 at 21:03

I am going to do this in December so I have some of the same questions as you. I did find www.bluecruiser.com. If anyone has information on them, I would appreciate it. They do take reservations according to this website.

My last trip "up river" was in 1969....sitting behind a very large gun. No visa problems on that trip.

If I am correct, an e visa does not work at this crossing. Can somebody verify that.

Many thanks

#2 john49er has been a member since 4/7/2012. Posts: 1

Posted by busylizzy on 4/7/2012 at 22:35

From Can Tho you can easily organise a minibus to Chau Doc (just a few hours away), and then from Chau Doc, it's very easy to organise a boat trip from one of the local agents the day before you go (it cost me US$21 in Dec 2009).

You don't need an evisa to get into Cambodia. You can get a visa on arrival as you go through the border on the boat. The boat stops first on the Vietnam side and they stamp your passport as you leave the country. Then the boat continues on for another 100m and you get off again to go through Cambodian immigration. I think the cost was USD$23 which included a token $3 charge by the guy on the boat to process your passport on your behalf. You can do this yourself if you don't want to pay the charge.

Just for clarity, you cannot get a visa at the border if you arrive by boat into Vietnam from Cambodia. You will have to arrange this ahead of time. But it's OK going into from Vietnam into Cambodia.

#3 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153
 Send busylizzy a private message   Where has busylizzy been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.