Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Most direct route from Kampot to Koh Kong border

Posted by Wanderrun on 11/6/2012 at 12:24

Hello! I've been trying to research this route ( Kampot to the Thai costal border) as much as possible. I've been finding mostly outdated information or info detailing routes from Thailand to Kampot, which don't seem to be reversible. Has anyone recently completed this route and can share what they did? I'm planning to bus into Kep, then go to Kampot (staying in each town for a day) and from there straight up to the border during the following morning. This will also be during the rainy season, so I'm wondering how much that may affect my travel times.

I really have no interest in visiting Sihanoukville, but I understand you may have to catch the bus there or somewhere on the road near there? This part of my journey is my biggest time crunch so I'm trying to plan it out and hopefully make it as efficient as possible. Any honest experiences taking this route in recent history? Thanks a bunch!

#1 Wanderrun has been a member since 11/6/2012. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.