Hi ! My husband and I will be in Phu Quoc from 12/28-1/3. Then we would like to go to Angkor Wat afterwards for 3-4 days. We have till Jan 10th before we have to fly out.
My question is:
- should we head into Siem Reap from the South ? ie travel to Sihanoukville first then up North ? but would that be too similar to Phu Quoc ?
- should we just fly from Phu Quoc to HCMC, to Siem Reap ?
- if yes, then what should we do after Siem Reap ? travel to surrounding towns ?
on our way to PP ?
- is it crazy to go to Laos - as we don't have enough time ?
Really looking for your suggestions and expertise. Last year we went to Hanoi and HCMC. We are really looking for to ending the year in Phu Quoc and relaxing. Then we will get spiritual in SR : ) and are just wondering - what should not be missed ?
- do we fly or take a boat/ferry etc ?
Thanks so much !
#1 OtisandBear has been a member since 23/7/2012. Posts: 1
Comes down to budget really.
If it fits with your budget, I'd fly Phu Quoc Island to Saigon and get a connecting flight to Siem Reap -- that means you'll be there same day.
To go overland via the coast will be the most time consuming route -- I wouldn't recommend it unless you wanted to see Kep, Kampot or Sihanoukville.
If you go overland, I'd break the journey for a night in Phnom Penh.
If you flew and had some spare days, I'd spend them in Battambang.
Not enough time for Laos.
Here's a few blog entries that may be of help:
Saigon to SiemReap
Stuff to fill those extra days around SiemReap
Cooking class inBattambang
Or see some Khmer dancing while you're at it
Hope that helps