Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Pakse to Ban Lung

Posted by 3drazor on 24/8/2012 at 01:59

i plan to travel from Pakse to Ban Lung and i want to cut the journey time as short as possible.

Can anybody who has recently done the trip to Ban Lung or Stung Treng advise about the journey time from Pakse to Stung Treng ?

Does anybody know if there is decent onward transport from Stung Treng to Ban Lung, when the bus from Pakse arrives at maybe mid-day in Stung Treng ?

Any infos are appreciated !

#1 3drazor has been a member since 13/10/2011. Posts: 16

Posted by somtam2000 on 25/8/2012 at 21:50 admin

Hi Daniel,

I was there earlier this year -- the road from Stung Treng to Banlung is now one of the best in Cambodia -- expect it to take roughly two hours by minivan (took me about 2.5 hours on a Honda Dream). Once you get to Pakse just go hang out at the transport lot opposite Riverside Guesthouse and you should have no trouble getting a ride as long as you're there by around midday.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,645
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.