Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Beverage in Siem Reap?

Posted by Lionel13 on 20/11/2012 at 00:49

I have seen that there are beverage produced in the main cities in Cambodia, ie Phnom Penh (Rice wine, palm wine and beer) Sihanoukville (beer) and Battambang (wine), but is there beverage that made in Siem Reap?
A friend told me that there is something new but he cannot remember the name. Do you know it? Is it good?

#1 Lionel13 has been a member since 20/11/2012. Posts: 2

Posted by mickeymouse on 2/12/2012 at 22:26

Products from palm (palm juice, palm wine and so on) I believe are local beverages. It is produced in Phnom Penh tho. There are also khmer mekong fruit juices which are also local made. Are your friends talking about Angkor Premium Beer? I saw that brand everywhere in Siem Reap.

#2 mickeymouse has been a member since 2/12/2012. Posts: 9

Posted by Archmichael on 15/12/2012 at 17:34

Angkor beer is everywhere in Siem Reap (and elsewhere in Cambodia), but I do not believe there are any breweries or such at Siem Reap. Lots of palm wine made locally, but I don't think it's done on a commercial scale.

About wine at Battambang: yes, there is a winery out of town to the south-west, though I found the wine to be disappointing.

#3 Archmichael has been a member since 23/7/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 396
 Send Archmichael a private message 

Posted by AngkorDraft on 14/1/2013 at 08:41 TF writer

M. Lionel, would you be referring to Sombai? You know, the nice infused rice wine liqueur you get as a free taster at Asana....?

#4 AngkorDraft has been a member since 11/1/2013. Posts: 6

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.