Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Problem: Siem Reap to Pak Chong (Khoa Yai park) - Poipet crossing

Posted by ACasualObserver on 9/1/2013 at 02:18

Hi

I've seen much discussion on getting across the Poipet border from Bangkok into Cambodia and vice versa.

But our plan is to go direct from Siem Reap to Pak Chong to visit Khao Yai National Park. I'm struggling to find the best way to do this.

I'm aware of the scams (although this seems to be more common when coming into Cambodia via Poipet, than the other way(?))

So how could I do this? Is there a bus or train to Pak Chong from the border? If so, when do they go?

Or is a taxi the way to go - and how much should a taxi from the border to Pak Chong cost?

Or is there an alternative: Would it be easier to go from the border to Ayutthaya (which we also want to visit) and go from there to the Khao Yai park?

thanks
k

#1 ACasualObserver has been a member since 9/1/2013. Posts: 2

Posted by travelwithme on 9/1/2013 at 04:16

You can hire any car for it there are lots of services available there.

#2 travelwithme has been a member since 9/1/2013. Posts: 11

Posted by somtam2000 on 9/1/2013 at 20:00 admin

Once you cross the border from Poipet, get a tuk tuk to the bus station at Aranyaprathet and there are buses from there to Nakhon Ratchasima from where you can get onwards transport to Pak Chong (train or bus, bus probably quicker and more convenient as (I think) and bus from NK to Bangkok passes through Pak Chong).

You can see timetable info on the Aran transport page here

Cheers

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,576
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by somtam2000 on 9/1/2013 at 20:01 admin

Missed second part of the question -- go Aranyaprathet -> Nakhhon Ratchasima -> Pak Chong -> Khao Yai National Park -> Ayutthaya -> Bangkok - that is the most sensible routing in my opinion.

Cheers

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,576
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.