Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Bad news in Kampot...

Posted by tyler on 13/2/2013 at 22:28

Saw this on K440 yesterday...

http://www.phnompenhpost.com/2013021161266/National/young-french-woman-found-dead-in-kampot.html

brutal.

#1 tyler has been a member since 7/12/2010. Location: Canada. Posts: 257
 Send tyler a private message   Where has tyler been? 

Posted by clionamullen on 14/2/2013 at 05:19

God, that's awful!! Poor girl.... and her friends and family must be distraught. I was planning to visit Kampot in April as part of my travel in Cambodia but reading about this is more than a little unnerving.....

#2 clionamullen has been a member since 8/1/2013. Posts: 1

Posted by tyler on 14/2/2013 at 08:52

Bad things happen all over the world and Cambodia is not immune from this sort of thing.
This is yet another tragic reminder that we need to keep our wits about us regardless of where we are. Even in mid-afternoon...
I wonder which GH she was staying at?

#3 tyler has been a member since 7/12/2010. Location: Canada. Posts: 257
 Send tyler a private message   Where has tyler been? 

Posted by caseyprich on 14/2/2013 at 19:05

Story says " Les Manguiers Resort". It is a little outside of town. I'm staying directly downtown and there are a lot of local expats here - but I haven't heard anyone discussing this . . .

#4 caseyprich has been a member since 3/3/2010. Location: China. Posts: 1,281
 Send caseyprich a private message   Where has caseyprich been? 

Posted by eastwest on 14/2/2013 at 20:45

#5 eastwest has been a member since 17/12/2009. Posts: 778
 Send eastwest a private message 

Posted by James_ on 25/2/2013 at 08:01

Damn, this might happen anywhere in the world and Cambodia, but Kampot is such a nice little town. I was there a day or two after it happened and never heard about it either until I got back to SHV a few days later, and have wondered whether it was just rumour since then. Kind of reminds me of when I was in Manila, wandering the back alleys of the desperately poor in the darkest parts of the night. I actually had people offer me rounds of their version of pool and plenty of young people come out to offer directions and such - while on the other hand there were girls at the hostel I was staying that wouldn't leave the building because they'd been drugged and robbed and pick-pocketed and mugged and such. The divide in experiences, in the same place at the same time, were huge and mind-boggling.

#6 James_ has been a member since 14/2/2013. Posts: 5

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.