Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

siem reap to bangkok airport

Posted by barkelleher on 3/3/2013 at 19:11

i am travelling around sea for a few months and finally meeting up with my girlfriend in bangkok airport for the next stage of the trip. she lands at 6 in the evening on a saturday. i will be coming from siem reap straight to the airport.

i am just wondering if it is possible to do this trip in one day and still be in the arrivals hall to meet her. if it is quicker i could go to siem reap first and then battambang and cross into thailand that way.

any help or info would be much appreciated

#1 barkelleher has been a member since 3/2/2013. Posts: 6
 Send barkelleher a private message 

Posted by RooX on 3/3/2013 at 19:44

Just did this trip, left Siem Reap at 1130, arrived in Bangkok at 1930, took 30min to get to airport via bts... This was on a Tuesday, so no lineup at the border. Don't see why the 0630 minivan wouldn't get you there in time.

#2 RooX has been a member since 3/3/2012. Posts: 9
 Send RooX a private message 

Posted by oomfee on 21/3/2013 at 08:09

Roox, what did you take from Siem Reap ? Most of the posts on the Siem Reap-Bangkok trip are over two years old, so some recent advice would be appreciated. We are a couple willing to leave Siem Reap early in the morning on a Sunday - will that be a problem at the border?

#3 oomfee has been a member since 26/2/2013. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.