Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Travel from HCMC towards Thailand

Posted by MikeScience on 5/3/2013 at 18:38

Hello,

Just wondering what some opinions are... im coming south towards HCMC and would like to see the mekong delta before venturing into cambodia. Now I would like to see Siem Reap and Phnom Penh . I want to try to fly into Bangkok from Cambodia to get the 30 day visa vs 15 day over land, and save time.

What is my best way to do this? Ive been thinking about travelling from HCMC - Mekong - HCMC - Siem Reap - Phnom Penh - Fly to Bangkok

Is this feasible and/or cost effective??

#1 MikeScience has been a member since 26/2/2013. Posts: 2

Posted by caseyprich on 5/3/2013 at 19:05

Depends on how much of the Mekong you want to see. You can also go to Can Tho and head north to cross into Cambodia at the Chau Doc border crossing and head on to Phnom Penh from there, then onward to Siem Reap and fly from Siem Reap to BKK. That saves you any backtracking. Flights PP-BKK are probably cheaper though, but this would save you two flights (HCMC-SR would be a flight I imagine, otherwise there would be no reason to go to PP after Siem Reap).

#2 caseyprich has been a member since 3/3/2010. Location: China. Posts: 1,281
 Send caseyprich a private message   Where has caseyprich been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.