Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Development jobs in Siem Reap

Posted by Mayacica on 13/3/2013 at 09:56

I am a development professional, worked with several NGOs all over the world and currently in Siem Reap. i can see there are lot of foreigners here working and hundreds of good and not that good NGOs for volunteers, but not sure how much chance I have as a development worker to find a paid job. Any recommendations? Should I give a try or is it rather hopeless? I couold sruvive for some time with responsible volunteering as well, if that helps for future jobs. As far as I can see living costs should be around 1000 usd per month...? Is there any expat community, so I could talk to somebody in person while I am here to see their views? Thanks for any suggestions...

#1 Mayacica has been a member since 3/10/2012. Posts: 2

Posted by eastwest on 15/3/2013 at 00:47

Check BongThom.com for jobs. Almost all companies and NGOs post jobs in Cambodia there..

In general better to start your search in Phnom Penh where all organisations have their head office and you have a far better chance if you know someone already. But if you really have good qualifications you should be able to find something

#2 eastwest has been a member since 17/12/2009. Posts: 778
 Send eastwest a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.