Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Itinerary Help: 1 week in Laos and Cambodia

Posted by melig on 22/3/2013 at 22:43

Hi,
I am looking to spend a week in Laos and Cambodia in July 2013. I was thinking Luang Prabang and Siem Riep. My initial departure will be out of Bangkok. After I am planning on going to Koh Samui in Thailand. Since I only have a short period of time, I will fly to each location. Does this timeline seem doable? If so, do you have any suggestions whether I should visit Luang Prabang or Siem Riep first?

#1 melig has been a member since 22/3/2013. Posts: 8

Posted by somtam2000 on 23/3/2013 at 17:36 admin

If you have seven days and are flying all legs yes it is doable -- I'd recommend 4 days in Luang Prabang and 3 in Siem Reap. Be sure to look into flight costs as these are expensive legs you are suggesting. If too pricey I'd drop Luang Prabang (save it for another trip) and just go to Cambodia for a week.

Cheers

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,566
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by gregmccann1 on 23/3/2013 at 20:09

Ko Samui isn't that great. Used to be nice, but how it's really built up and overdeveloped. I will never go there again. I can understand choosing it because it has an airport and you have limited time, but the place is nothing special. Why not spend more time in Cambodia and do Koh Rong instead?

#3 gregmccann1 has been a member since 28/10/2009. Location: Taiwan. Posts: 183
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.