Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Psilocybin mushrooms in Siem Reap

Posted by ThaiStick on 17/4/2013 at 01:19

Hello everyone. I am going to Siem Reap soon to visit the Angkor Wat and was highly interested in Psilocybin mushrooms. Cambodia being a good breeding ground for the species Cambodia cubensis, I would like to partake in a spiritual experience at the ruins with some deep-minded meditation. I am aware of the attitude towards mind-altering chemicals in Cambodia so don't waste your time telling me of the consequences. It has come to my awareness that ''mushroom shakes'' are sold openly in Cambodia, however I was wondering what is the case with dried picked mushrooms. Are magic mushrooms obtainable in picked form? Should I hunt for them in the wild? Or am I better off just buying a mushroom shake?

#1 ThaiStick has been a member since 17/4/2013. Posts: 20

Posted by JaiYen88 on 17/4/2013 at 11:39

Never seen shrooms available in Siem Reap, and haven't been offered by tuktuk drivers either (and they offer you literally everything). I assume that it's a lot easier to get them in Phnom Penh and Sihanoukville, which is where the bulk of tourist drug consumption goes on in Cambodia. In Siem Reap, if you walk down Pub Street any evening you will be asked if you want various drugs by lots of different guys, so maybe ask them if they can get you some shrooms. There are Happy Pizza places in SR too so you could ask in there.

That being said, Angkor Wat is so busy all the time that I personally would not like to trip there! Need peace and quiet, not hordes of tourists milling around, snapping photos! By Angkor Wat I mean the main temple complex, so there are lots of smaller, less visited temples around where you could find that solace you need, but I doubt you'd be able to spend hours there uninterrupted...

#2 JaiYen88 has been a member since 25/4/2012. Posts: 110
 Send JaiYen88 a private message 

Posted by Arikara1985 on 20/4/2013 at 01:26

I intend on trying to get some when I'm in Cambodia as well. But my plan is tripping out on the beach camping with a big bonfire (thinking of going to crusoe island to do that).

#3 Arikara1985 has been a member since 14/2/2013. Posts: 32

Posted by gregmccann1 on 20/4/2013 at 20:33

You don't need to trip on mushrooms anywhere in Southeast Asia. It is illegal, and you might find yourself bugging out as you wonder if the people who sold them to you will be calling the cops to get their share of the extortion money from you. Want to deal with that situation while tripping? Furthermore, what kind of trip do you think you think you're going to have being surrounded by thousands of package tourists from Korea, China and Taiwan? Wow, that's going to be amazing.

#4 gregmccann1 has been a member since 28/10/2009. Location: Taiwan. Posts: 183
 Send gregmccann1 a private message   Website 

Posted by Lalo27 on 21/4/2013 at 01:42

Never heard of it in Siem Reap and I been living here for a long time and as said earlier it is not that quiet around here...

#5 Lalo27 has been a member since 21/4/2013. Posts: 5

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.