Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Siem Reap in October

Posted by turbodieselvw on 21/4/2013 at 13:50

It looks like the month of October falls in between the end of the wet season and the start of the dry season in Siem Reap . Does anyone know what type of weather to expect for travelling in Siem Reap in October; would there be lots of rain or not much? Thanks!

#1 turbodieselvw has been a member since 21/4/2013. Posts: 5
 Send turbodieselvw a private message 

Posted by NYTim on 22/4/2013 at 10:27

very warm and no too much rain

#2 NYTim has been a member since 11/9/2009. Posts: 106

Posted by turbodieselvw on 22/4/2013 at 19:06

Fantastic! I'll probably go for a week or so. Thanks for the info.

#3 turbodieselvw has been a member since 21/4/2013. Posts: 5

Posted by Ova on 23/4/2013 at 04:55

It's actually one of my favorite time of the year. Of course it is very warm - it always is here in cambodia-, but as it is the end of the rainy season everything is green and beautiful, and it is not as hot as it gets in April or May. The risk of getting floods is minimal as well as it is not as rainy as the previous months, and it is one of the less touristic season of the year.
Long story short: October is one of the good months to come to Cambodia!

#4 Ova has been a member since 14/12/2012. Posts: 15

Posted by turbodieselvw on 23/4/2013 at 14:21

Thanks. Warm is fine as this is to be expected. As long as it doesn't rain too much it will be fine as I would like to hire a good driver to see the ruins that are further from the central ones and take my time doing it.

#5 turbodieselvw has been a member since 21/4/2013. Posts: 5

Posted by AngkorDraft on 4/5/2013 at 04:12 TF writer

October can be very wet, although it rarely rains all day long. You may get lucky, but the later in the month you come, the better your chances of dry weather.

http://www.weather2travel.com/climate-guides/cambodia/siemreab.php

#6 AngkorDraft has been a member since 11/1/2013. Posts: 6

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.