Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Cambodian Cooking Class

Posted by hotwings on 4/7/2007 at 03:54

Hi everyone,

I'm heading to Siem Reap and Phnom Penh in approx 3 weeks and i'm interested in taking a Khemer cooking class.

Can anyone suggest a place? I've found one in Phnom Penh called http://www.cambodia-cooking-class.com but I'll be in Phnom Penh for only Sunday and that class doesn't operate on Sundays.

Thanks in advance!
hotwings

#1 hotwings has been a member since 10/6/2007. Posts: 8

Posted by Roving_Roo on 5/7/2007 at 16:03

Siem Reap has several cooking classes; Le Papier De Tigre on bar street have a morning class for about $12, Angkor Palm just off bar street nearer to the old market have one which is currently free (you just pay the price of the dish on the menu) and Le Petit Garden on the road to the Western Baray have a morning school which is $13 or $19.

I think all of these classes are daily, or at least on demand, but it would be best to book to be sure. There are probably a lot more, but these are the ones I know about though having not done any of them I can't say if they are good or not.

Rachel

#2 Roving_Roo has been a member since 9/1/2006. Posts: 45
 Send Roving_Roo a private message 

Posted by hotwings on 5/7/2007 at 16:13

Thanks a ton Rachel!

#3 hotwings has been a member since 10/6/2007. Posts: 8

Posted by Roving_Roo on 6/7/2007 at 22:53

No problem Hotwings,

I saw the owner of Le Petit Garden today and I've been told their cooking class is closed for the rainy season and a potential venue change, so don't try there!

#4 Roving_Roo has been a member since 9/1/2006. Posts: 45
 Send Roving_Roo a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.