Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Thai visa waiver+travel to Cambodia

Posted by stusie94 on 6/6/2013 at 09:02

Hey guys, me and my girlfriend are planning on going to SE Asia in june/july for 38 days in total.

The plan is to be in Thailand for 18 days, then travel to Cambodia for around 6 days, then be in Thailand again for the next 14 days.

The problem is, as I understand it, to qualify for the visa waiver I need proof that I will be leaving Thailand within 30 days.
However, we want to go to Siem Reap by bus from Bangkok (apparently there's now a direct bus route) but I can't find anywhere to book tickets online, so I won't have proof that I'm leaving the country in time.

I was wondering if there's a way to get around this without booking flights to Cambodia or buying a visa as we're on a fairly tight budget.
Also, does anyone know where I can book this bus online, or where to get a ticket in Bangkok?

Thanks guys.

#1 stusie94 has been a member since 6/6/2013. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.