Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Business Visa Extension - New Page in Passport?

Posted by ChloeC on 16/6/2013 at 08:59

Hi all

Can't find this information anywhere else so here I am!

I'm coming to Cambodia shortly to do an internship for three months. My workplace told me to get a business visa on arrival and that they will extend it for me. I have two questions in relation to this:

1) Can I get a business visa for longer than one months duration on arrival or do I simply have to extend it once I'm there?

2) Does the business visa extension take up another page in your passport or do they simply stamp/sign your existing visa?

The reason I ask the above is that I am running out of space in my passport and would like to keep as many pages free as possible!

Thank you for any insights you can provide :)

#1 ChloeC has been a member since 16/6/2013. Posts: 2

Posted by busylizzy on 16/6/2013 at 22:29

I can't help you with the specifics on the business visa, but I'm sure that someone will pop up and help.

But just in case you weren't aware, you can always have additional pages added to your passport. I did this recently with US passport at the consulate in NZ. The cost was about NZD$35-40 cheaper than a brand new passport, and they gave me the option of an additional 24 or 48 pages with no difference in cost. I went for 48 of course, so now I've got a pretty thick yet impressive passport. :-)

#2 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153
 Send busylizzy a private message   Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by sayadian on 16/6/2013 at 23:48

You can only apply for one month business visa when you arrive. You can then extend this indefinitely for periods of one month, three months, six months or one year. Each extension takes one page of your passport.
So in your case, you would need two pages. One on arrival and one for the extension.

#3 sayadian has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 1,557
 Send sayadian a private message 

Posted by ChloeC on 17/6/2013 at 18:54

Thanks for all the tips and info guys!

#4 ChloeC has been a member since 16/6/2013. Posts: 2

Posted by Nisseyaklom on 18/6/2013 at 18:59

One and three months extensions are single entry only, six and twelve are multiply entries

#5 Nisseyaklom has been a member since 2/12/2007. Posts: 40

Posted by amnicoll on 20/6/2013 at 09:23

Busy lizzy- Not all countries add pages to a passport

#6 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 730
 Send amnicoll a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.