Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Good bus from PP to SR

Posted by Anjar on 22/7/2013 at 04:48

Hi, I need some advice.
I'm female traveling solo and plan to take a bus from PP to SR. I read about bus scams and now a bit worried. Is it better to buy the ticket from the hotel? Is Paramount good enough? Or better take Mekong Express? Will departing at around 2 pm from PP be too late/dark arriving in SR? Should I take earlier schedule?
Anjar

#1 Anjar has been a member since 22/7/2013. Posts: 7
 Send Anjar a private message 

Posted by busylizzy on 22/7/2013 at 05:31

Any of the travel agents in PP should be able to help. Sorya is a good one to keep an eye out for.

With respect to arriving late at night in SR, do you already have accom organised? If so, you'll be OK. I wouldn't want to be wandering around at that time of night looking for somewhere to stay.

#2 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153
 Send busylizzy a private message   Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by Anjar on 22/7/2013 at 05:47

Thanks! I'll see about Sorya.
Yes, I've booked an accommodation, and might as well ask for a tuk tuk pick up :D

#3 Anjar has been a member since 22/7/2013. Posts: 7

Posted by tyler on 22/7/2013 at 08:26

I've always taken Sorya. It isn't high end. However, I've never had any problems regarding thefts or nasty passengers or drivers. It has taken longer than the advertised 6 hours a few times.
One stop for about 30 minutes midway at a hotel that serves lunch and has decent toilets. Outside the hotel are a number of small shops and street stalls if your not interested in dining in.
Should cost around 6$. If your hotel arranges the ticket it might be around $12. There has always been a small army of tuktuk drivers waiting at the bus station but you could avoid the hassle and arrange a pick up.

#4 tyler has been a member since 7/12/2010. Location: Canada. Posts: 257
 Send tyler a private message   Where has tyler been? 

Posted by Anjar on 22/7/2013 at 09:20

Hi, thanks for the info. I think it rather takes 7-8 hour long then, just in case? I'll keep that in mind :)

#5 Anjar has been a member since 22/7/2013. Posts: 7

Posted by Geer1 on 22/7/2013 at 09:43

I had good experiences with Phnom Penh Sorya and Capitol Tour. Just walk down to one of their offices and book the ticket, will only be around $6.

#6 Geer1 has been a member since 14/9/2012. Posts: 540
 Send Geer1 a private message   Where has Geer1 been? 

Posted by Anjar on 22/7/2013 at 10:06

That sounds better, thanks :)

#7 Anjar has been a member since 22/7/2013. Posts: 7

Posted by Rasheeed on 23/7/2013 at 04:48

I go Giant Ibis. Nicer buses. Western movies with volume adjustment at your seat. AC works. More expensive.

#8 Rasheeed has been a member since 4/11/2010. Location: Cambodia. Posts: 311
 Send Rasheeed a private message   Website   Twitter 

Posted by sayadian on 23/7/2013 at 05:46

Just about to reccommend Giant Ibis. Little more expensive but very comfortable and no noisy karaoke just a western film to watch. I did Phnom Penh to Sihonoukville but they run to Seam Reap.Twice a day I think from Street 102 next to site of night market on Riverside

#9 sayadian has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 1,557
 Send sayadian a private message 

Posted by Anjar on 23/7/2013 at 09:13

Hi guys, thanks for all the suggestion. Ibis is another consideration then :) Will be in Cambodia in August, hope the weather is ok.

#10 Anjar has been a member since 22/7/2013. Posts: 7

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.