Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

How can I get to Champassak from Phnompen?

Posted by cloud on 29/9/2013 at 13:19

As I put in the title of this post, I plan to go to Champassak from Phnompen. I found some postings on the opposite direction trip but none on my direction. How is the situation of bus on this route?

Specifically,
- Are there busses that go to the border directly or even to Pakse ? Does one need to sleep one night during the trip? How long does it take?

- Is is possible for one to get off a bus at Champassak? Or does one need to go to Pakse first and then travel back to Champassak?

- Also I checked the airplane but my searched showed only the flights that take two trip days at the price of US$350. Isn't there a direct flight from Phnompen to Pakse?

#1 cloud has been a member since 19/9/2010. Posts: 26
 Send cloud a private message 

Posted by Geer1 on 29/9/2013 at 14:43

There are no direct flights Phnom Penh to Pakse .

What you probably need to do is get bus from Phnom Penh to Pakse, I believe Phnom Penh Sorya offers these tickets. You might want to break up the trip though, go to say Stung Treng one day and then Pakse the next. Not sure if there are evening options to get to Champasak so you might have to wait till the next day to do that as well.

#2 Geer1 has been a member since 14/9/2012. Posts: 540
 Send Geer1 a private message   Where has Geer1 been? 

Posted by svendj on 30/9/2013 at 06:45

As Geer1 above said. and it's easy to do a motorbike trip for 1 day back down to Champasak and back to Pakse

#3 svendj has been a member since 30/4/2010. Location: Belgium. Posts: 196
 Send svendj a private message   Where has svendj been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.