Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Ocotber Flooding

Posted by nomad456 on 30/9/2013 at 23:17

Hi guys,
Im due to arrive in Siem Reap tomorrow evening. I just wanted to see if anyone has an update on the flooding situation there and Phnom Penh ?..if they are badly flooded? From what i've read things aren't the greatest, but am unclear of which areas are/aren't so affected.

At the moment i'm scheduled to be in Siem Reap from oct2-7, then Phnom Penh the following week.

Any advice and updates on the situation much appreciated. Cheers

#1 nomad456 has been a member since 30/9/2013. Posts: 2

Posted by AbigailatPenhandInk on 1/10/2013 at 04:24 TF writer

Currently in central Phnom Penh there is no flooding. The river is very high, but flood defences built over the last few years are standing up well.

When it rains heavily the streets can become flooded, but that only lasts about an hour.

The problems are more on the outskirts of Phnom Penh, well away from most visitor attractions. Worth keeping an eye on the local press and the Travelfish Facebook page to see if anything changes, but I think you'll be fine next week.

#2 AbigailatPenhandInk has been a member since 9/11/2010. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 179
 Send AbigailatPenhandInk a private message   Website 

Posted by nomad456 on 1/10/2013 at 04:52

Cheers thanks for info!

#3 nomad456 has been a member since 30/9/2013. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.