Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Kampot to Phu Duoc

Posted by oiboy on 10/1/2014 at 21:58

In Kampot now. What is the best transport option from Kampot to Ha Tien then onto Phu Quoc without being scammed at the border.i have heard a lot of horror stories regarding the Ha Tien border crossing.

#1 oiboy has been a member since 4/1/2014. Posts: 3
 Send oiboy a private message 

Posted by Geer1 on 11/1/2014 at 22:39

Ha Tien border isn't that bad or any different then the rest of them, just have your visa in order then pay the dollar or 2 worth of bribes...

You can buy tickets to Phu Quoc from tourist agencies in Kampot(they take you to border, transfer to Vietnamese tour agency who takes you into Ha Tien and drops you off at the dock). If you want to do this without a tour agency then your best bet is to ask around and find a moto taxi driver that will take you to the dock in Ha Tien. I believe they can take you the entire way although some may only want to/be willing to go to the border.

If you take bus to Ha Tien without booking the boat ride before hand you will have to get transportation to the dock which is on the other side of the river.

#2 Geer1 has been a member since 14/9/2012. Posts: 540
 Send Geer1 a private message   Where has Geer1 been? 

Posted by oiboy on 12/1/2014 at 04:28

Posted from within Vietnam.

Ok made it to Ha Tien. Took a tuktuk from Kampot with a stop at Kep for lunch cost was $20.00 USD. Then a moto to my guesthouse for $3.00 USD. Was not charged any stamping fees. I already had a visa in hand. Guesthouse has taken my passport to register with the police. Is that normal? They said I will get it back later this evening.

#3 oiboy has been a member since 4/1/2014. Posts: 3
 Send oiboy a private message 

Posted by travellingsarah on 12/1/2014 at 15:12 TF writer

Posted from within Vietnam.

Yeah, that's normal. You need to be registered where ever you are staying and they need your passport and visa details to do that.

#4 travellingsarah has been a member since 23/3/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 681
 Send travellingsarah a private message   Where has travellingsarah been?   Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.