Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Business visa at land crossing?

Posted by Kaitlynnicole02 on 2/2/2014 at 18:35

Hi there,
I am getting conflicting information on the Internet and was hoping someone could help me out. I am flying into BKK and heading to the border crossing to Cambodia shortly after that. Is it possible to get a business visa at a land border? Some articles I read stated that one could only get a business visa at the airport or before reaching Cambodia. Anyone know? Thanks!

#1 Kaitlynnicole02 has been a member since 2/2/2014. Posts: 3

Posted by vbeck on 2/2/2014 at 21:50

Yes! In reality it is just a 30 day Tourist Visa with Business stamped on it for $5 extra.
If you are staying for less than 60 days just get a Tourist Visa and extend it.

#2 vbeck has been a member since 22/12/2013. Posts: 15

Posted by oasisbarhatien on 8/2/2014 at 19:50

Posted from within Vietnam.

Actually it isn't a tourist visa at all,it's completely different.It's now called an "Ordinary " visa,instead of the old "Business" designation,it's single entry,valid for 30 days,and can be extended for 3,6 or 12 months,once inside Cambodia.It is stamped "E" on the visa instead of "T" (tourist visa),and should cost 25USD,although at a land border you will invariably be asked to pay more.There are reports that it is becoming more difficult to obtain this type of visa upon entry to Cambodia,I was talking to a customer yesterday who was refused one at Phnom Penh airport,because he was asked for proof he had a business,and couldn't provide any.If you are staying for less than 60 days though,as the last poster suggests,get a tourist visa,this can be extended-only once-in Cambodia for another 30 days.

#3 oasisbarhatien has been a member since 12/8/2010. Posts: 113
 Send oasisbarhatien a private message   Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.