Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Cambodia itineray advise

Posted by heytoki on 20/3/2014 at 17:04

Hello all,
I am travelling to Cambodia in April. Initially i am flying to Bangkok where i will stay one day before flying with Air Asia to Phonm Phen.
The day i will arrive to Phonm Phen is the 20th of April and i am flying back to Bangkok from Siem Reap on the 4th of May.
So i am planning to stay two days in Phonm Phen and then i will be heading down south to Koh Rong or Koh Rong Samloem ( Still to decide). From here i will go to spend the last 3 days in Siem Reap to see Angkor. As i am flying back on the 4th, i was thinking to be in Siemp Reap the 1st of May.
My question is: How do i get to Siem Reap from Sihanoukville and how long it will take? do i need to go back to Phonm Phen?
Thanks

#1 heytoki has been a member since 20/3/2014. Posts: 4

Posted by somtam2000 on 20/3/2014 at 19:50 admin

You'll be able to get a bus from Sihanoukville to Siem Reap but it will go via Phnom Penh. I guess you'd be looking at around 12 hours for the entire trip depending on connection in PP.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,565
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by heytoki on 21/3/2014 at 07:52

Thank you for your comments.

Do you know roughly the price?

#3 heytoki has been a member since 20/3/2014. Posts: 4

Posted by Ahleckz on 22/3/2014 at 05:11

I got the overnight bus from Siem Reap to Shinoukville, it was around 12 US dollars and was comfortable enough. You share a largeish matress with another person so be prepared to make a friend!

I went to Crusoe Island from Shinoukville which is highly recommended. Pretty basic, but the guyus that run it are good fun and it's a great place to chill out. Camping for 2 is something like 6 dollars a night including the equipment.

From Shinoukville it's around a 5 hour journey to PP and IIRC it was 10 dollars. Bus was comfortable enough.

#4 Ahleckz has been a member since 11/11/2013. Posts: 4

Posted by amnicoll on 22/3/2014 at 06:24

I really would NOT recommend the night bus

#5 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 686

Posted by heytoki on 22/3/2014 at 07:41

Thank you for your comments Ahleckz. I think i will go to Koh Rong instead of Crusoe Island. Crusoe island seems to be a great place but i dont have time to do everything.

Amnicoll- Why would you not recommend the night bus? I have done night buses before in Thailand and thats ok. Are the buses worse than in Thailand? I also did a few bus trips in Laos and even though the buses were crap and very dangerous roads, i consider that part of the travel experience. How do the buses look like in Cambodia then?

#6 heytoki has been a member since 20/3/2014. Posts: 4

Posted by amnicoll on 22/3/2014 at 07:54

Safety - the choice is yours but I think you will find that I am not alone in saying this and there have been simillar posts to this effect both on this and other forums

#7 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 686

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.