is it doable in a single day and how long would it take in early May? Information on this is quite old and we're looking for fresh info.
I understand we need to take a shared taxi to Pailin border crossing and then continue to Chantaburi in order to get a bus to Trat.
Is there any faster way (taxi) from Pailin to Trat? Any recommendations for a taxi?
#1 sipace has been a member since 1/4/2014. Posts: 1
Best option is to start early - you say "we" so rather than wait for taxi to fill in Battambang why not consider paying a little extra for unfilled seat(s) and get him to take you to the border. You will be unlikely to get taxi from Pailin to Trat you will need to get to the border first. From the border you should not have a problem getting bus to Chantaburi and then on to Trat
This is how we crossed the border at Pailin /Ban Pakard in May 2014:
- hotel (Hotel Royal in Battambang) organized a taxi to Pailin border for us ($10 a seat - 3 people in the back)
- we started at 7.00 and were at the border in 2 hours at 9.00!
- the road is very good (asphalt)
- the border crossing was very easy, we were in Thailand in 5 minutes.
- the Thailand immigration is full equiped with webcam and scanner for passport, no need to bring photos or copies of passport
- we had some problems to continue our trip from the border. There were no minibusses to Chantaburi or elswhere at the border. May is out of season! We waited 2 hours until 11.00 for other tourists to share a taxi. No tourist crossed the border during this time. At least we had to take a taxi alone. The price was 1.800 Baht ($55 ) to Koh Chang (or 1.200 Baht = $35 to Chantaburi). The driver started at 2.500 B and was not going under 1.800 B.
- from time to time some minbusses from Pattaya arrived with a group of people. They crossed the border to Cambodia and came back 15 minutes later to get a visa on arrival for Thailand again. I talked to some people and drivers. The busses won't take us anywhere (all busses were completely occupied).
- You can have a transport by motodup to Ban Pakard for 50 Bath, but this won't help us much.
#3 Wolfgang1963 has been a member since 23/5/2014. Posts: 1