Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Bringing my motorbike to Siem Reap...doable?

Posted by comtam3000 on 4/6/2014 at 03:48

I'll be traveling Cambodia on my 110 win starting tomorrow. I've read a few places on the net that riding in Siem Reap can get your bike impounded unless you pay a hefty fine. I was hoping to explore the Angkor temples myself by motorcycle. Has anyone else done this? Thanks in advance for your help.

#1 comtam3000 has been a member since 4/6/2014. Location: United States. Posts: 72
 Send comtam3000 a private message   Website 

Posted by comtam3000 on 12/7/2014 at 20:04

To answer my own question because undoubtedly others will have the same: it seems it is doable to explore the Angkor temples on your own bike. I myself didn't do it, but I did see some foreigners on larger bikes and some smaller 110s as well. A friend of mine told me he saw the temples on his bike and that he was pulled over in the temple complex and in Siem Reap multiple times, but only because the police wanted to buy his bike off of him, he never had any trouble though.

#2 comtam3000 has been a member since 4/6/2014. Location: United States. Posts: 72
 Send comtam3000 a private message   Website 

Posted by petethered on 12/7/2014 at 22:59

we rode our bikes around. i would just watch your helmet and stuff. if you parked near a vendor and bought a drink or something they might keep an eye on it for you. if you can find a friend to share a tuk tuk it isn't that much money and it is much nicer to get driven around for a day, though, instead of being on the bike again

#3 petethered has been a member since 1/9/2011. Posts: 9
 Send petethered a private message   Where has petethered been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.