Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Travel gear in Phnom Penh

Posted by dirty on 5/6/2014 at 00:05

Hi,

Wondering where I can find a microfiber bath towel and other travel gear in Phnom Penh.

Thank you

#1 dirty has been a member since 4/6/2014. Posts: 3
 Send dirty a private message   Where has dirty been? 

Posted by eastwest on 5/6/2014 at 01:46

The towel should be easy enough to find in a market. Check Russian market, Olympic market and Central market (in that order) first.I believe some budget hotels have that type of towel so you could ask them

All other travel gear you will have to hunt for. There is no specialized shop where you could find everything in one place. I don't even know what travel gear you're looking for...

#2 eastwest has been a member since 17/12/2009. Posts: 778
 Send eastwest a private message 

Posted by AbigailatPenhandInk on 5/6/2014 at 20:02 TF writer

Try the City Mart shop in Sorya Mall (near Central Market). It's on the 2nd or 3rd floor and has a selection of travel gear, suitcases, sports equipment and branded shoes.

#3 AbigailatPenhandInk has been a member since 9/11/2010. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 179
 Send AbigailatPenhandInk a private message   Website 

Posted by amnicoll on 6/6/2014 at 06:21

A friend of mine bought some rucksacks recently and the straps and buckles were useless - make sure you check the quality of what you are buying carefully

#4 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 757
 Send amnicoll a private message 

Posted by dirty on 14/6/2014 at 06:59

First of all, thank you for your answers.

Still no luck with the travel bath towel. The ones that pack small, light and dries quickly.

Other things I am looking for:
1) Rain poncho that can also cover my 50L backpack.
2) Hammock with integrated mosquito net.
3) Tarp to cover the hammock. Light and packs small if the poncho can't be used for that too.

Thank you!

#5 dirty has been a member since 4/6/2014. Posts: 3

Posted by dirty on 17/6/2014 at 00:37

*UPDATE*

Rain ponchos & hammocks can be found at many markets. Got the poncho for $8.5. Still looking for a hammock with built in mosquito net (like Hennessy). With some Modifications the Poncho can be used as a tarp to cover the hammock.

Dry bags can be found at:
Scuba Nation Diving Centre
No. 18Eo, Samdech Sothearos Blvd (3), FCC area, 12206 Phnom Penh

or

www.khmer24.com/OceanPack99
#65 St 105 Phnom Penh

#6 dirty has been a member since 4/6/2014. Posts: 3

Posted by AbigailatPenhandInk on 22/6/2014 at 01:04 TF writer

You can get the hammock with integral net at most markets - look for a green camoflague pack on a stall with other hammocks. Definitely available at Central Market, Old Market (on the Street 110 side, stall near the entrance to the wet market) and Russian Market.

I was in City Mart last weekend - lots of travel stuff, would be surprised if they don't have travel towels. Or you could try Aeon Mall which opened this weekend, next to Sofitel.

#7 AbigailatPenhandInk has been a member since 9/11/2010. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 179
 Send AbigailatPenhandInk a private message   Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.