Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Finding Accommadation in rural areas

Posted by juzzywuzzy on 9/6/2014 at 23:43

Hey guys,
I'm heading to Cambodia/Thailand in October this year.
I'm planning on riding a push bike from somewhere near the border of Thailand/Cambodian to a destination on the South Eastern Coast of Thailand (approx. 300kms) Undecided on exact starting and finishing points yet ! Well this trek is going to take me 2-3 days (more likely 2 days) so I need find somewhere to stay overnight but i'm really struggling to find any accommodation in rural country quieter areas of Thailand. I have heard the villagers are so kind and welcoming that I could stay anywhere in 1 of the villages but i'd prefer to have something already booked before I arrive as opposed to just winging it. Anybody have any ideas??
I also need to purchase a bicycle from somewhere (renting is out of the question as I wont be able to return it) but I got no idea where I could purchase a bike from. Really stuck here. Any suggestions from anyone would be great !
Cheers
- Justin

#1 juzzywuzzy has been a member since 9/6/2014. Posts: 1

Posted by amnicoll on 14/6/2014 at 06:34

are you asking here about thailand or cambodia as posted in Cambodia

In Thailand you may find it hard - villagers are very friendly it is true but hotels are sparse in the villages and you would have to ask around. Having said this as a man you may well find that the monks will offer accomodation

forget booking

#2 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 686

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.