Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Quickest exit out of PP airport

Posted by zigzag on 16/9/2007 at 02:50

I'm arriving in PP via Hong Kong and need to get to a downtown hotel ASAP for a meeting. Any advice on an efficient way to get a visa on arrival? I have been told that I should have $5 bills handy if approached by uniformed men, and may be directed to 2 or 3 tables then allowed to depart. This is supposed to be far more quicker than the "conventional" way.
Any thoughts?

#1 zigzag has been a member since 16/9/2007. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 16/9/2007 at 09:20 admin

Get a visa in advance, either at a Cambodian consulate or via the eVisa system, which is detailed in the Visa and border crossing FAQ

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,577
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by drlang946 on 11/10/2007 at 09:07

If you have not gotten the visa in advance - make sure you are first off the plane, have all the paperwork filled out and run (or at least walk fast)to immigration. My last two trips it only took me 10 minutes to get the visa, immigration, customs taxi by being one of the first at immigration. If there are 30 or 40 passengers ahead of you the wait may (will) be considerably longer.

The process is fairly easy now - not like it was 3 or 4 years ago

#3 drlang946 has been a member since 8/7/2007. Posts: 11

Posted by rakhee2108 on 13/10/2007 at 19:11

Hey, if you have filled out the forms and make a dash to immigration, the visa process is quick. Don't forget a passport photo or you face a $1USD 'fine'.

If you're still unsure, get a visa in advance. This is much better than offering money to uniformed men and supporting corruption, especially since $5USD goes a long way in Cambodia.

#4 rakhee2108 has been a member since 8/3/2007. Posts: 55

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.