Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Phnom Penh to Saigon 8 Days

Posted by kildare25 on 2/7/2014 at 15:17

Hello all. I was hoping to grab some advice on an 8 day trip from Phnom Penh to Saigon. Although I would like to see Siem Reap I think most would say it is too much travel. I fly into Phnom Penh and fly out of Saigon.

What would be an ideal route and sites to see that would maximize my trip and avoid spending too much time on a bus?

Much appreciated!

#1 kildare25 has been a member since 2/7/2014. Posts: 1

Posted by chinarocks on 3/7/2014 at 09:53

Assuming you actually want to see PP and Saigon properly, and including travel time through the Mekong Delta, then you don't really have time for much else.

2 or 3 days in PP will cover a lot of the must sees and the same for Saigon.

In terms of a route through the Delta I can't really help you but there are some on here who can. If you feel tight for time then an organised tour is an option.

#2 chinarocks has been a member since 17/6/2011. Posts: 738

Posted by amnicoll on 4/7/2014 at 07:01

I assume you have 8 days between flights and not 8 days for trip between

Kampot, Ha Tien, Can Tho?

#3 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 735
 Send amnicoll a private message 

Posted by mikethediver on 11/7/2014 at 02:10

There is a boat trip from PP to Vietnam It's still an hour or more on the bus from PP to get to the boat (all included in the price). It's a great trip and you arrive at Con Tho in Vietnam. On to Chau Doc for the floating market and then Saigon

#4 mikethediver has been a member since 23/3/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 206
 Send mikethediver a private message   Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.