Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Request Help for Planning Cambodia Trip

Posted by somakray90 on 16/9/2014 at 09:33

Hi everyone,
Me and a friend of mine are going to Cambodia next month... Please provide help and suggestions on the destinations and the itinerary... Request you to please pour in suggestions and detailed suggestions in any of the locations

01-Oct Reach Siem Reap from Bangkok via bus 02-Oct Siem Reap - Angkor 03-Oct Siem Reap - Angkor 04-Oct Phnom Penh - via Boat 05-Oct Phnom Penh - Killing Fields,etc. 06-Oct PP to Kampot/Kep - pepper fields 07-Oct Koh Tonsay 08-Oct Sihanoukville 09-Oct Koh Rang 10-Oct Sihanoukville11-Oct Bangkok 12-Oct Flight

#1 somakray90 has been a member since 15/9/2014. Posts: 2

Experience the Andaman Sea
Experience the Andaman Sea
Ad Spend 3 days / 2 nights on The Junk
From US$400.

liveaboard.com

Read more

Posted by gregmccann1 on 16/9/2014 at 09:59

Too much moving around, transiting, especially at the end, IMO. I would just do Siem Reap, PP, and Kampot, spending a bit more time in each.

#2 gregmccann1 has been a member since 28/10/2009. Location: Taiwan. Posts: 185
 Send gregmccann1 a private message   Website 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by gnomeqat on 16/9/2014 at 12:26

Agree with Greg - that's too much traveling for the time you have to spend in Cambodia. You arrive on Oct 1 and say that you fly out of Bangkok on the 12th. Take into account that transport in Cambodia is slow and may be unreliable.

There is another thread here that you should take a look at with a similar timetable where people have suggested ideas for a short visit to Cambodia. I would suggest that you choose between Kampot/Kep and Sihanoukville/Koh Rong, or you won't actually see anything.

And make sure that you will be back to BKK in time for your flight.- maybe you need to arrive in Thailand the day before? Personally, I wouldn't risk leaving Cambodia on the same day as you leave Thailand unless you can get connecting flights.

#3 gnomeqat has been a member since 20/8/2014. Posts: 3

Posted by somakray90 on 16/9/2014 at 12:32

We are leaving on 12th morning from Bangkok so hopefully leaving shv on 11th should solve the purpose... So if I have to choose between kampot n kep what would be your suggestion?

Also I think you were asking me to choose between kampot n shv but thing is from the reviews both these places have different kind of feel to them ... N koh rong k
Is a must see for me

#4 somakray90 has been a member since 15/9/2014. Posts: 2

Posted by magicFly on 19/9/2014 at 23:44

Hi,

I agree with the others. Too much moving around especially in the end. If you go only to Kampot because of the pepper fields its not worth it. It takes you 20 min to see the pepper fields thats it. Also you don't have to choose between Kamppot and Kep . Its an easy 20 min ride by motobike between Kep and Kampot, a moto in Kampot costs you 5$ (24 h).

Kampot is a town at the riverside. Kep is a very small place at the seaside. When you want to have some days to relax at the beach I would go to Kep. If you want to have some party and meet lots of other young travellers and also relax its better to go to Sihanoukville and skipp Kep

#5 magicFly has been a member since 13/7/2014. Posts: 61
 Where has magicFly been? 

Posted by MADMAC on 20/9/2014 at 00:36

Ahhhh. you will see virtually nothing other than a day at Ankor and a day at PP. It looks like every other day you are in transit. You have time for three locations. So pick 'em. Pick your top three.

#6 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.