Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

flying from siem reap to bali

Posted by needtogetaway on 22/9/2014 at 19:40

Hi,
I would like to fly from siem reap to bali (denpasar), the first week in December, but I don't see any reasonable flights. It doesn't look like any of the regional airlines I have been suggested fly from one to the other (including tiger air, lion air, garuda, jetstar). I would like up to one stopovers as I have limited time. Any other suggestions for airlines to check?
Thansk!

#1 needtogetaway has been a member since 22/9/2014. Posts: 2

Heading to Thailand?
Heading to Thailand?
Ad Search for cheap flights to Thailand
on Skyscanner.

skyscanner.com

Read more

Posted by MWasser6 on 23/9/2014 at 00:14

try booking two flights separately via Singapore or KL, definitely no direct flights. JetStar and AirAsia will fly from SR, and then numerous other airlines on to Bali.

#2 MWasser6 has been a member since 6/8/2012. Posts: 19

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by somtam2000 on 23/9/2014 at 02:44 admin

Most likely the cheapest will be Air Asia from Siem reap to Kuala Lumpur and then AirAsia again to Bali. Also look at Jetstar for both legs via Singapore. There are no direct flights.

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,021
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by needtogetaway on 23/9/2014 at 08:56

Thank you. I sort of pieced that info together as I continued my search as well. But doesn't that mean I also have to budget the time to pick up any luggage I checked in the connecting airport and then check in to a new flight? I knew I couldn't fly non-stop from SR to DPS, but I was hoping I could buy a connecting flight. It doesn't look like this is the case though.

#4 needtogetaway has been a member since 22/9/2014. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 24/9/2014 at 01:32 admin

If you just have carryon bags there is an internal transit checkin at KL so you don't need to clear customs to get bags etc. If you check bags on a low cost carrier like AirAsia you'll need to clear customs to get your bags and then recheckin (and clear customs again) as, as far as I know, they won't book through luggage.

If you don't want to do that, another option is to fly a full service carrier like MAS who fly to both SR and Bali (via KL) and they'll let you book your bags all the way through. I'd expect them to be significantly more expensive though.

#5 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,021
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.