Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Figuring out route--input please

Posted by redsneef on 29/9/2014 at 12:45

I am thinking of travelling to Cambodia during my 10 week adventure in the region. My base will be HCMC and I've figured out which parts of Vietnam I will be travelling to--bearing in mind my travel companion will be my 3 year old son--so it's slow travel and open ended.

I would love to see SR and maybe Koh Rong or other beachy places. I'm trying to figure out if I should fly into SR then travel down to PP and then on to coast line, or should I land cross near xa xia, do the coast, go to pp and then up to SR and fly back to hcmc? We would be travelling mid November and no time constrains. Would also think about a boat ride--we are bringing our own life jacket--I've lived in the Asian region so am aware of how "safe" life jackets are compared to strict Canadian safety standards...I can swim, he can't. Is the boat ride longer SR-PP or PP-SR?

If we do the coast--PP-SR route how much farther is the Thai border? I may also go into Bangkok to see some friends there.

Like I said its pretty open and slow travel so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This is my birthday gift to my son before he goes off to school next year. We are travelling around and exploring the wider world.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

#1 redsneef has been a member since 29/9/2014. Posts: 1

Skip the queues!
Skip the queues!
Ad Book plane, train, bus & ferry tickets
with 12Go Asia.

12go.asia

Read more

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.