Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville - Avoid \

Posted by Augustots on 1/12/2014 at 22:07

I've just got a really bad experience with this company!
I've choose Giant Ibis because of its respectable reputation that I've seen from many reviews on internet...Even tough the price was a bit higher than other companies, I thought It would worth.
I bought my tickets from Phnom Penh to Sihanoukvile 2 days in advance so I thought I wouldn't have any problem. I was wrong...
The bus would leave PP at 9:30 am so they told me they would pick me up at 8:30 in my hotel.
I woke up at 7:30, so then I could be punctual. I had my breakfast and went to the hall to wait for the transfer. When it was 8:45 I called them to ask if everything was fine and they said that the van was on the way to pick me!
In total I waited them for more than 1 hour, and then when it was 9:45 am, aka 15 minutes after the bus was supposed to leave the terminal, they called me saying that I should go to the terminal by myself and the expense with tuktuk would be on me, the explanation was that the government didn't allow them to pick me up (seriously?). However, when I got there all the passengers were already there, which means I was the only one that they didn't pick up. they didn't say sorry at all! It may happen frequently...
When I got there all the passengers were looking at me as I was guilty for them being late. And there was someone in my seat, and I had to ask a staff member to switch the place with this other person, making me look (again) the bad guy among the passengers...
All at all, avoid this company, you pay more because of its reliability but you don't get it back. I spent twice the price I would pay if I had chosen other transport companies.
I will not use this company again!

#1 Augustots has been a member since 1/12/2014. Posts: 8

Skip the queues!
Skip the queues!
Ad Book plane, train, bus & ferry tickets
with 12Go Asia.

12go.asia

Read more

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.