Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

koh rong - ko tui (green ocean guesthouse) and palm beach for new year

Posted by caramarsh on 18/12/2014 at 22:43

Hi there, my friend and I are keen to go to koh rong for new year and we are having trouble finding accommodation in ko tui where we'd like to party. The only thing we can come is green ocean guesthouse bit we are unable to find any reviews for it so we're a bit concerned. Had anyone stayed there or seen any reviews? Our alternative is to go to stay at palm beach on the north east of the island but we worry nothing will be going on for new year. Has anyone been to either and experienced how easy it would be to get from one to the other, thanks so much for any help you can give me.....

#1 caramarsh has been a member since 18/12/2014. Posts: 2

Skip the queues!
Skip the queues!
Ad Book plane, train, bus & ferry tickets
with 12Go Asia.

12go.asia

Read more

Posted by nattbm on 21/12/2014 at 08:43

Hi! I do not know where Palm Tree is but i was in Koh Rong Island just a few weeks ago and Green Ocean was not open yet, it was still under construction and if you stay there you are going to be lucky cause it looks so beautiful, is in the local side of the small town so is much quiter than the western side, this means you get a good sleep and still have the party places just about 5 min walk to the right side of the "town". Is such a small place, but beautiful. Theres def gonna be some partying around new years so i would reccommend to stay in green ocean cause you will get to be one of the first customers, new place nice local food around and party 5 min walk (if!, think is less, prob 2 min) Enjoy your stay there such an amazing island, do not miss 4k beach is the best one!!!!

#2 nattbm has been a member since 21/12/2014. Posts: 3
 Where has nattbm been? 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by caramarsh on 23/12/2014 at 01:56

Thank you for your response, we are absolutely kicking ourselves now as we didn't book it in time and now it's fully booked. If you can recommend any others that would be fab, thanks for your help

#3 caramarsh has been a member since 18/12/2014. Posts: 2

Posted by nattbm on 23/12/2014 at 03:30

Oh! Im so sorry, thats so bad! Completely understandable, i saw that one comming, specially now for new year... well i left at begining of dec so just before the big way of tourist i didnt book anything bbecause there was plenty space in every guesthouse, i stayed in a local guesthouse called 3 brothers which i strongly doubt has a webpage, profile or similar. It was the cheapest place for dorm... but anyways not a 5 star hotel if you know what i mean, couldnt complain had the necessary... so to make my story short i would always go for local cause is cheaper and i suppose they have empty places and it gets full depending on the wave of tourist comming... not by booking, its a risk... i also stayed in a western place called sunrise which was alright, but very loud for me.

#4 nattbm has been a member since 21/12/2014. Posts: 3
 Where has nattbm been? 

Posted by WhoNeedsMaps on 29/12/2014 at 20:45

You will have such a good time while in Koh Rong . We would suggest going to 'Island Boys' for a BBQ as they have a huge cook up and some awesome people to have a chat with.

We visited Koh Rong a few months ago and compiled a list of awesome stuff to do. We also found ourselves jumping around accommodations as we couldn't really find anywhere that was that good. So in the end we ended up trying about 3 different places and were pretty hot and sweaty in them as there is no aircon and the fans get cut off at night due to no electricity but it all depends on your comfort level and we were looking for a place under $20 a night!

So I suppose what we are trying to get at is just go there and jump from place to place until you find a good one but you definitely want to stay on the beach!

#5 WhoNeedsMaps has been a member since 21/8/2014. Posts: 7
 Send WhoNeedsMaps a private message   Website   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.