Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Travellers Phnom Penh and Siem Reap in June 215

Posted by divine139 on 27/1/2015 at 22:22

Hi
I will be traveling to cambodia in june spending 10 days in phnom penh, 1 week volunteering but 3 days after solo in phnom penh then going onto siem reap for 2 months at least then thinking of traveling onto vietnam then onto thailand any other 27yr olds out there travelling around this time.
Would love to meet some fun new people :)

#1 divine139 has been a member since 27/1/2015. Posts: 3
 Send divine139 a private message   Where has divine139 been? 

Experience the Andaman Sea
Experience the Andaman Sea
Ad Spend 3 days / 2 nights on The Junk
From US$400.

liveaboard.com

Read more

Posted by somuchtravel on 15/2/2015 at 06:09

Hey!
We just did some similar places and I have a list of places we stayed that were budget conscience. Let me know if you'd like the list. Unfortunately there are only a handful of dorms bc we are a couple, but the ones we stayed in I recommend for good places to meet people. Also, check out our blog for more info on our trip: https://somuchtravel.wordpress.com/2015/02/08/lots-of-rocks-angkor-wat-siem-reap-cambodia/

#2 somuchtravel has been a member since 15/2/2015. Posts: 24
 Send somuchtravel a private message 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by divine139 on 15/2/2015 at 17:10

Thanks your blog is great had a good read, can I ask at one point you said you brought books on the temples and guided yourself instead of paying for a guide did you purchase these books in Cambodia?

#3 divine139 has been a member since 27/1/2015. Posts: 3

Posted by somuchtravel on 16/2/2015 at 03:54

We used "Ancient Angkor " which we bought off the street in Phnom Penh. We bought the old edition figuring not much had changed and that was pretty much correct. it had neat photos of what the temples looked like when it was published in the 90s. There has been a lot of progress. You can buy this book almost anywhere in Siem Reap - there were guys selling it along the entrance to Angkor Wat the first night we went to see the sunset there. Despite me telling them I already had it, they tried to get me to buy another and talked themselves down to $5. I think there is a newer edition, but you can probably only buy it in bookstores. It is also in French. Highly recommend this book. Has maps and drawings and lots of information. We bought it before we got to Siem Reap so that we could map out our itinerary.

#4 somuchtravel has been a member since 15/2/2015. Posts: 24
 Send somuchtravel a private message 

Posted by amyangkorvilla on 25/3/2015 at 15:35

hey Divine,
ive been in cambodia for 2 yrs. and counting...i first landed in SR, went to PP for some reason...now opening a villa for travelers this April. find me on Fb : amy angkor villa...our place is close to angkor wat...u can do cycling for free plus khmer traditional house, khmer food, and its lust green environment.

#5 amyangkorvilla has been a member since 25/3/2015. Posts: 3

Posted by Benzanite on 31/3/2015 at 17:29

Hi divine 139 -

I am a 27 y/o single male traveler from the states. My rough itinerary lands me in PP around mid-June for a few days before moving on to Siem Reap. If you PM me or keep in touch somehow I'm sure we could arrange a meetup at some point.

#6 Benzanite has been a member since 11/2/2015. Posts: 3
 Send Benzanite a private message 

Posted by divine139 on 31/3/2015 at 17:50

Hey Benzanite it wont let me pm you, so send me a pm and ill keep in touch.
Thanks

#7 divine139 has been a member since 27/1/2015. Posts: 3

Posted by Benzanite on 1/4/2015 at 19:43

Weird - I enabled my messaging but get an expected error trying to send you something. Want to try to PM me again?

#8 Benzanite has been a member since 11/2/2015. Posts: 3
 Send Benzanite a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.