Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Obtaining a 60 day Thai tourist visa in Sihanoukville? And more questions...

Posted by hayleyhobbs on 3/3/2015 at 01:48

Hiya,

Wondering if anyone can help - i have tried googling and no luck really.

My partner and i are hoping that we can obtain a 60 day Thai visa in Sihanoukville, has anyone ever managed to do this?

Also, we have entered Thailand twice in the past 3 months (both on VOA's), will this affect our application? Basically, we had to reenter Thailand on the second VOA - as I broke my collarbone in Siem Reap, and insurance sent us to Bangkok to see the doctor. i don't know if there is a limit as to how many times you can enter?

We now plan to go back to Thailand for sixty days - to have my follow up appointment, and visit Southern Thailand. Does anyone see an issue with us being granted visas?

Any help would be greatly received :)

Thank you

#1 hayleyhobbs has been a member since 3/3/2015. Posts: 2

Experience the Andaman Sea
Experience the Andaman Sea
Ad Spend 3 days / 2 nights on The Junk
From US$400.

liveaboard.com

Read more

Posted by amnicoll on 4/3/2015 at 06:30

I am not aware that there is a Thai embassy or consulate in Sihanoukville so unless you use the services of an agent then the answer is no and you need to go to Phnom Phen

On the positive side you will not have a problem getting the visa despite you previous visits although would be sensible to have the documentation regarding you treatment with you just in case

#2 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 962
 Send amnicoll a private message 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.