Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Phnom Penh Airport to Killing Fields

Posted by spellbrook on 10/3/2015 at 06:06

Hi

I arrive at Phnom penh airport at 1pm and was looking to go straight from the airport to the Killing fields and then to my accomodation, so that i can spend the next day exploring the city of Phnom Penh...is it possible to go from airport straight to killing fields any suggestions ...im looking at doing this to save going out to the killing fields the next day..

Thanks

#1 spellbrook has been a member since 9/3/2015. Posts: 2

Heading to Thailand?
Heading to Thailand?
Ad Search for cheap flights to Thailand
on Skyscanner.

skyscanner.com

Read more

Posted by millosz on 10/3/2015 at 13:54

I'm also interested in this

#2 millosz has been a member since 10/3/2015. Posts: 4

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by eastwest on 11/3/2015 at 09:13

It can be done but you won't gain much with it because it's not exactly on the way.
Much better to go to accommodation, drop your bags there and move on to Killing fields. In terms of price you would save $2-5 at the most by going directly and not much in time. And if it's the only thing you plan for that afternoon you have plenty of time.
If you take a tuk tuk or taxi from the airport they will most likely ask you whether you'd be interested in the Killing Fields the next day. You can try to talk them into taking your there immediately and then to hotel but as I stated in the beginning: you won't gain much.

And besides that, do you really just want to go there in an efficient way just to tick the box? It's an experience (together Tuol Sleng) and much better if you go with a clear mind. But up to you.

#3 eastwest has been a member since 17/12/2009. Posts: 778
 Send eastwest a private message 

Posted by spellbrook on 11/3/2015 at 14:04

Thanks east west, I'm arriving in November from laos and was thinking it would save time as its out of town, so if I'm arriving at Phnom Penh airport at 1pm , hopefully out of airport by 2pm , I was looking to make the most of the afternoon, as I have the arrival afternoon plus 1 day before I was going to head off to Kampot, kep or Sihanoukville....if I did killing fields on my arrival I have the next day to spend in the city and the next morning move on probably by bus or mini bus....

#4 spellbrook has been a member since 9/3/2015. Posts: 2

Posted by nicoleplayman on 17/3/2015 at 04:10

I would recommend you try the "Bike Tours" to go around Phom Penh. Its fun especially if you have a companion with you.

#5 nicoleplayman has been a member since 17/3/2015. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.