Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Bangkok to Phnom Penh

Posted by emmryss on 29/10/2007 at 05:33

How do I travel overland from Bangkok to Phnom Penh?

Thanks.

#1 emmryss has been a member since 29/10/2007. Posts: 18

Posted by goo_stewart on 29/10/2007 at 09:57

Usually bus, van or bicycle, however there is a train to the border from Bangkok. I am not entirely sure what you are getting at with your question. Do you want the best way (subjective) easiest way (subjective) or cheapest way (definitely bike)?

#2 goo_stewart has been a member since 10/10/2007. Posts: 69
 Website 

Posted by exacto on 29/10/2007 at 10:57

hey emm,

have you looked at other options besides going overland from BKK to PP? i ask because air asia used to have very inexpensive flights on this route, and given the time and hassle of the overland trip, flying might very well be a better option.

there is also a good feature article about going overland from BKK to Siem Reap, which is also quite fun and a good adventure. many travellers make a circuit trip out of it, flying to/from BKK/PP and then going overland from PP to Siem Reap and then back to Bangers (or reverse). regards.

#3 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,651
 Where has exacto been? 

Posted by somtam2000 on 29/10/2007 at 13:54 admin

I was in Phnom Penh a couple of days ago and AirAsia were flying Bangkok to Phnom Penh for a cost of $0.00 (plus taxes of course) -- that's a pretty unbeatable dead.

If you don't want to fly, then it is bus/taxi/ferry from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap then overland from there to Bangkok, for which we've got a blow by blow story here.

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,568
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.