Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Preah Vihear village to temple.

Posted by PatyDifusa on 11/5/2015 at 03:48

Hi there,
I'm staying in Preah Vihear town and I was wondering if anyone went directly from here to the temple. For what I read in many related post, people came in organized tours from SR.
I was told in my hotel that there is not motorbike rental in town at the moment. And also, I don't know if the road is good enough for a non experience driver :)
The moto taxi is asking me more than 37$ for 100km, what I think it's a rip off and I'm not willing to pay.
Any comments are much appreciated.

#1 PatyDifusa has been a member since 27/3/2015. Posts: 4

Posted by MADMAC on 11/5/2015 at 12:55

Personally I would say 37 bucks for 100 klicks is a fair price. That's a long way. You think you could get a trip that long with any kind of rental transport in the western world would possibly be even close to that price? If you could get a bus or some public transport to Tbeang Manchey it might be cheaper to then access the temple, but I am certainly no expert on that.

#2 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by PatyDifusa on 11/5/2015 at 17:11

Thanks for your reply MadMac
I've been trying to find out about other options:
Taxis charge for a private service 80$ (round trip). There might be a possibility to share, but you have to go to the taxi station in the morning and find other people.
I'm not sure how easy would be getting from the temple to SR or any other destinations.

Apparently the best option would have been to take a bus to Sra'em and from there take a moto taxi for 15-20$.
There are buses running once daily from Sra'em to Siem Reap.
There are also organized tours going directly to Preah Vihear from SR.
I came from Banlung and I thought it would bee easier to go from here, but I was wrong.

#3 PatyDifusa has been a member since 27/3/2015. Posts: 4

Posted by MADMAC on 12/5/2015 at 00:59

Good luck. I've heard it's easier to get to from the Thai side, but again, I'm no expert.

#4 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.