Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Cambodia in June/July

Posted by hanzbeyer on 9/6/2015 at 09:21

Hi,

Couple in mid 30's planning a trip through Cambodia for a month in June/July 2015. Planning on doing few days in Siem Reap, few days in Phnom Penh, few days in Sihanoukville and spending a few weeks on the islands, mainly Koh Rong. We were wondering if anyone had any info on the effects of the weather on travel for this time of year. We'll be travelling everywhere by bus. Also, could anyone tell us what the islands are like in wet season? Still beautiful weather with the odd shower or downpours and overcast? Just after finishing studies and was hoping for a relaxing break in Southeast Asia on a beautiful island with good weather. We don't mind some rain (we're from Ireland after all) as long as it's not downpouring every day. If anyone has any other places they could recommend for this time of year it would be greatly appreciated, been to Thailand already but other alternatives would be great. Thanks in advance!

#1 hanzbeyer has been a member since 31/5/2015. Posts: 2

Experience the Andaman Sea
Experience the Andaman Sea
Ad Spend 3 days / 2 nights on The Junk
From US$400.

liveaboard.com

Read more

Posted by JimTokay on 10/6/2015 at 01:41

Hi,
rainy season: usually it rains almost every day but about 1h or 2 h a day and after and before that is beautiful again. Rein comes very fast and pours very heavy, then it is gone very fast and sun is out again. Personally I like rainy season and many people find it very refreshing. Also here is less visitors at this time and it is easier to go around in Angkor Wat.
Any more questions- I am happy to help. I am living in Sieam Reap and know everything here. Good luck planning, have a fun.

#2 JimTokay has been a member since 11/5/2015. Location: Cambodia. Posts: 7
 Send JimTokay a private message   Where has JimTokay been? 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by gregmccann1 on 11/6/2015 at 09:51

I like traveling in Cambodia (and Thailand and Laos) in the summer when it rains more often. Temperatures drop a bit and the landscape comes to life, so much green. Enjoy.

#3 gregmccann1 has been a member since 28/10/2009. Location: Taiwan. Posts: 185
 Send gregmccann1 a private message   Website 

Posted by hanzbeyer on 11/6/2015 at 09:59

Thanks so much for your replies, still haven't decided on where to go for this holiday but I think wet season would suit us better and sounds great. Thanks again lads!

#4 hanzbeyer has been a member since 31/5/2015. Posts: 2

Posted by davedave1982 on 13/6/2015 at 02:54

Hi Hanz,

We have a small and private property that might interest you. My partner and I are the hosts and provide a very personalized service. much like a home stay.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pandan-Residence/1633541656860673

Have a look at the link above if you are interested.

Best.

Dave

#5 davedave1982 has been a member since 13/6/2015. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.