Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Flights from Phnom Phen to Bangkok-advice please!

Posted by ieskinja on 1/7/2015 at 02:17

Hello,

I'll be staying in Cambodia, with my last stop on the way being PP. My flight back to Europe is scheduled from Bangkok on 17 th of August at 7:30 pm. My plan is to take a flight (with Air Asia, Cambodia Angkor Air...) from PP to Bangkok, and my question follows as; how smart/safe is it to book a flight from PP to Bangkok on the same day, i.e. 17 August (I found a morning flight, so I would be comfortable in time to get from one airport in Bangkok to another and catch a flight back home), or would it be more advisedly to take a flight to Bangkok day earlier, ie. on 16 August? I'm worried about possible delays which means I could easily miss the plane back to home. On the other side I prefer staying one day more in Cambodia (not interesed in Bangkok).

Regarding mentioned, any experiences/advices about taking plane flights from PP to Bangkok (of course I understand that flight can be equally delayed whether in New York or in PP)?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

Ivo

#1 ieskinja has been a member since 8/6/2015. Posts: 6

Heading to Thailand?
Heading to Thailand?
Ad Search for cheap flights to Thailand
on Skyscanner.

skyscanner.com

Read more

Posted by amnicoll on 1/7/2015 at 06:17

I have not personally done it but what I would suggest is that you look at what other flights you can take that would still allow you to catch your European flight if there were to be a problem with your flight - firstly with the same airline and then others

secondly check your travel insurance (unless your European flight ticket is fully flexible)

I would think you would be fine but if you are a worrier.......

#2 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 944
 Send amnicoll a private message 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by oasisbarhatien on 5/7/2015 at 21:00

I do this fairly often,and I always fly to Bangkok the day before my flight to Europe.It's better to be safe than sorry,there are frequently delays of one sort or another,and a whole day of wiggle room is better than a few hours.

#3 oasisbarhatien has been a member since 12/8/2010. Posts: 113
 Send oasisbarhatien a private message   Website 

Posted by AzookiTravel on 8/7/2015 at 03:24

Hello,

We agree with oasisbarhat-ien. It is strongly recommended to spend a night in Bangkok to avoid missing the flight back home. Specially during this wet season, flights are more likely to be delayed for hours or even cancelled due to bad weather, so better be one flight away from home.

Have a safe flight!

#4 AzookiTravel has been a member since 25/6/2015. Posts: 14

Posted by ieskinja on 12/7/2015 at 14:16

@ amnicoll, oasisb., and azookitr.

Thanks so much on the advices, I really appreciate it!
Anyway, I've booked a flight day earlier.

Thanks once more, have safe journeys wherever you go.

Cheers

#5 ieskinja has been a member since 8/6/2015. Posts: 6

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.