Text page

Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Itinerary help and tips?

Posted by CassBlast on 11/3/2016 at 13:29

Hello! I will be traveling to Cambodia March 27-April 7th, I'm mostly interested in Angkor Wat and nature/wildlife experiences my rough plan is below:
Fly into Siem Reap
spend the 27,28,29th Seeing the temples on bike or motorbike-
Fly to Sihanoukville, ferry to Koh Rong Samloem- stay at Lazy Beach 30,31, 1,
Ferry and ?bus? to Phnom Penh, stay overnight the 2nd
Take the bus to Sen Monorom, stay at Tree Lodge overnight on the 3rd
Do the two day trek with the Mondulkiri Project- night of the 4th stay in their jungle lodge
on the 5th stay at tree lodge, rent a motorbike and see the waterfall
Bus? back to Phnom Pehn 6th
Fly home from PP on the 7th.
I know its a lot but I really want to see all three places.I thought of swapping Mondulkiri with Boutum Sakor Park, and Koh Kong for Koh Rong but I really want to hang out with the elephants! So any input in terms of transportation or tips from someone who's traveled there?
thanks!
Cassie

#1 CassBlast has been a member since 11/3/2016. Posts: 2

Posted by amnicoll on 15/3/2016 at 02:09

No elephants but from a travel point of view Chi Phat might be an idea instead of Mondulkiri

Nicky has just done a write up this week on Chi Phat and you can check out their web site as well

#2 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 976

Posted by gecktrek on 15/3/2016 at 03:06

hey, just back from cambodia, sounds like a busy trip, travel by bus/mini bus seems to be quite easy, although i used a motorbike to get around. perhaps nicky will have further info in regards to jungle trekking... just wanted to add it should be very hot when you are there!

#3 gecktrek has been a member since 24/3/2013. Location: Australia. Posts: 171

Posted by CassBlast on 16/3/2016 at 14:29

I know! I'm pretty worried about the heat but it's the only time I can go- do you think it will be too too hot? Make the experience not worth it? Also thanks for the Chi Phat tip- I am really looking forward to the elephants though- although Chi Phat is much closer to the islands....

#4 CassBlast has been a member since 11/3/2016. Posts: 2

Posted by gecktrek on 16/3/2016 at 16:12

hey, can not tell you if it will be too hot for you. it was 36/37C each day when i was there, although it felt hotter. locals said it was hotter and drier than usual. april is supposed to be hotter again... there was still plenty of other tourists.

#5 gecktrek has been a member since 24/3/2013. Location: Australia. Posts: 171

Posted by amnicoll on 17/3/2016 at 01:49

I am usually there at that time of year and weather not usually a problem as still not too humid - by the end of April then that is different!

I only suggested Chi Phat as an alternative for somewhere to go trekking as might make much more sense from a travel/time point of view as it can be easily reached from Sihanoukville or Phnom Phen

Have you checked flight from Siem Reap to Sihanoukville? just asking because not sure if they go every day

#6 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 976

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.