Text page

Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Siem Reap advice

Posted by Betsywoo on 7/6/2016 at 06:23

Hello,

I am traveling to Cambodia with my daughter in late July. We will be in Phnom Penh for two nights. Is it advisable to book the sunset river cruise in advance?

We will be traveling by Ibis bus to Siem Reap. Any problems due to monsoons? Again, is it advisable to book the Phare circus in advance? My daughter mentioned something about a silkworm farm, and a friend mentioned something about a pottery place. I might also be interested in cooking classes. Any advice? While we won't have time to do it all, we want to have a variety of experiences.

#1 Betsywoo has been a member since 9/5/2016. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 8/6/2016 at 02:13 admin

Hi,

I'd say no need to book any of those in advance.

Not familiar with the two activities you mention in Siem Reap, but we do cover a bunch of other things to do here.

Cheers

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,062

Posted by MichaelW on 10/6/2016 at 06:43

I think I know the silk farm you're talking about.

http://www.artisansdangkor.com/workshops-19-angkor-silk-farm.php

It's a little bit outside the city but you should be able to get there easily in a tuk-tuk.

As for the cruise, I would just show up at the dock unless you are doing a dinner cruise and have special dietary needs (like vegetarian), in which case contacting beforehand would obviously be the way to go.

Have fun!

#3 MichaelW has been a member since 16/4/2016. Posts: 12

Posted by MichaelW on 10/6/2016 at 06:44

I think I know the silk farm you're talking about.

http://www.artisansdangkor.com/workshops-19-angkor-silk-farm.php

It's a little bit outside the city but you should be able to get there easily in a tuk-tuk.

As for the cruise, I would just show up at the dock unless you are doing a dinner cruise and have special dietary needs (like vegetarian), in which case contacting beforehand would obviously be the way to go.

Have fun!

#4 MichaelW has been a member since 16/4/2016. Posts: 12

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.