Text page

Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Help with visiting Preah Vihear, Koh Ker, and Beng Mealea

Posted by MichaelW on 10/6/2016 at 07:05

Hi all,

I've been living in Cambodia for a year but since I'm based in the south, I know very little about the north.

I am looking for advice on the best way to visit Preah Vihear, Koh Ker , and Beng Mealea. The main problem is that it seems like too much to do in a single day. If I were just picking two, I'd probably just hire a taxi and go up from Siem Reap for a day trip. My recent thought was to go up to Preah Vihear, spend the night in Sra Em, then hit Koh Ker and Beng Mealea the next day. But a taxi trip lasting two days sounds very expensive, of course.

Would it be possible to do public transport for one leg, spend the night in Sra Em, and then do a taxi trip in one day hitting all three spots, saving time by starting in Sra Em and ending in Siem Reap, as opposed to starting and ending in Siem Reap? I'm worried that would still be too time-crunched, but I don't have a sense of how long it takes to cover the distances. Google tells me that Preah Vihear to Koh Ker is two hours for example, but is that realistic?

Many thanks for any help, and of course I'm always willing to give any advice about the south, especially Kep/Kampot.

#1 MichaelW has been a member since 16/4/2016. Posts: 12

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.